An electric motor is an electrical machine that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. Most electric motors operate through the interaction between the motor's magnetic field and electric current in a wire winding to generate force in the form of torque applied on the motor's shaft. Electric motors can be powered by direct current (DC) sources, such as from batteries, or rectifiers, or by alternating current (AC) sources, such as a power grid, inverters or electrical generators. An electric generator is mechanically identical to an electric motor, but operates with a reversed flow of power, converting mechanical energy into electrical energy.
3D print an electric motor using recycled plastics selected specially for high durability and heat resistance, 3D printers, and vitamins. Design with investment casting, and direct metal printing in mind.
Brushless DC motors
Cycloidal servo motors
- Dual Cycloidal 41:1 Internal BLDC
- AMT102-V inexpensive shaft mounted rotary encoder with adapters for various motor and shaft types
- Mechaduino servo controller
- 1/2 Horsepower 115 Volt AC 1725 RPM Magnetek Motor
- Salvaged AC, DC, or universal motor - permanent magnet or inductive
- IRFP260N mosfets - 50A 200V - $3 ea Ebay - same as Controller