Replimat is a self-replicating and broadly interoperable building system. It is intended to build most things most people need, and to be lots of fun.
Self reproduction lowers cost, decentralizes production, localizes supply and demand, enables innovation, shortens supply lines, reduces inventory and storage requirements, and encourages the reproduction and spread of knowledge and empowerment.
Reasons to use Replimat
- [Dis]assemble fast!
- Minimize head tooling
- Minimize real tooling
- Non-destructive - cradle to cradle, designed for disassembly and reuse
- Standardized components drastically reduce inventory, manufacturing requirements
- Avoid unnecessary material transformations - when possible use unmodified goods
- Interoperate with existing construction systems
- The right way is the easiest to copy.
- Design parts against the replimat grid to reduce complexity and increase modularity and reusability
- favor parts which can be locally reproduced and have wide application
- enable local production via locally made machines
- consume waste materials for use as raw materials wherever possible - trash to treasure
- promote pools of compatible parts, within which innovation can happen as fast as communication
- insist on openness and wide application of all components, production processes, firmwares and software
Ways to help
- Join the mailing list
- Create a wiki account, a page for your project, and upload some photos!
- Install the Replimat software.
- Purchase vitamins for the project from the Replimat Amazon wishlist
- Sign up for a build day.
What is Replimat made of?
Keeping the number of parts small reduces the infrastructure needed to reproduce them.
Frames / Plates / Sheets / Casters
Bolts / Nuts / Washers / Wrenches
Wheels / Bearings / Axles / Springs
Controllers / Batteries / Electrical connectors / Wires / Motors / Solar panels
Pumps / Hoses / Clamps / Couplers / Exchangers
What makes more Replimat?
Keeping the number of tools small, simplifies replication.
|Input material||Project||Output part|
|Raw lumber, plastic or metal square stock||Lumber mills / Frame drills||Frames|
|Plastic waste||Shredders / Pellet printers||Category:Plastic parts|
What can we make with Replimat?
So many things! Growing the number of projects helps the whole community.
Plastic recycling centers