This wiki documents a reusable building system which requires only a few tools, is compatible with other building systems, and makes more of itself. We reuse a small number of parts in many different ways to build many things people need including tools used to make more parts.
Parts are designed for disassembly, cradle-to-cradle reusability, and constructed from waste or other durable, reusable, renewable, recycled and recyclable materials. Replimat components form a long lasting, multi-use carbon sink for the waste streams of other processes. Replimat parts fit a modular grid of holes which permit bolting and unbolting at regular intervals along each part. All parts interoperate along the same uniform pattern.
Self reproduction lowers cost, decentralizes production, localizes supply and demand, enables innovation, reduces inventory and storage requirements, spreads knowledge, and empowers individuals and small groups. Parts we haven't replicated yet are known as vitamins and must be sourced from existing processes or manufacturers.
Reasons to use Replimat
- Build projects fast while having fun!
- Simple to learn and use
- Designed for disassembly and reuse
- Standard components drastically reduce inventory, manufacturing requirements
- Worldwide availability
- Interoperate with modular construction systems
- The right way is the easiest to copy.
- Design parts against grids to reduce complexity and increase modularity and reusability
- favor parts which can be locally reproduced and have wide application
- enable local production via locally made machines
- consume waste materials for use as raw materials wherever possible - trash to treasure
- promote pools of compatible parts, within which innovation can happen as fast as communication
- strive toward openness and wide application of all components, production processes, firmwares and software
- Choose reused, recycled, or renewable materials
- Avoid unnecessary transformations. Reduce modifications to standard parts wherever possible.
Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC)
Ball and socket joints
Count by fives
Fasten loosely until assembled
Four bar linkages
Points away from people
Projects without tri joints
Three point hitch receivers
V wheels and angles
Water collection systems
Automated drilling machines
Rotary welding positioners
Wire EDM machines
Ways to help
- Join the mailing list
- Chat with us on Discord
- To edit the wiki: register an account
- Upload a photo
- Create a page for your project
- Install the Replimat software.
- Acquire vitamins for the project.
- Become a Patron
- Donate to help fund continued research and development
- Purchase parts from the Replimat store
- Sign up for build days.