Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|Line 290:||Line 290:|
Latest revision as of 11:55, 8 August 2022
Replimat parts are infinitely reusable, require only a few tools, are flexible enough to build most things, and are compatible with other building systems. Machines made from Replimat can reproduce many of their own parts.
Parts are designed for disassembly, cradle-to-cradle reusability, and constructed from waste or other durable, reusable, renewable, recycled and recyclable materials. Each part forms a long lasting, multi-use carbon sink for the waste streams of other processes. Parts fit a modular grid of holes which permit bolting and unbolting at regular intervals. All parts interoperate along the same uniform pattern.
Self reproduction lowers cost, decentralizes production, localizes supply and demand, enables innovation, reduces inventory and storage requirements, spreads knowledge, and empowers individuals and small groups. Parts we haven't replicated yet are known as vitamins and must be sourced from existing processes or manufacturers.
Create an account to join the project, contribute changes, and browse ad-free.
Reasons to use Replimat
- Build projects fast while having fun!
- Simple to learn and use
- Designed for disassembly and reuse
- Standard components drastically reduce inventory, manufacturing requirements
- Worldwide availability
- Interoperate with modular construction systems
- The right way is the easiest to copy.
- Design parts against grids to reduce complexity and increase modularity and reusability
- favor parts which can be locally reproduced and have wide application
- enable local production via locally made machines
- consume waste materials for use as raw materials wherever possible - trash to treasure
- promote pools of compatible parts, within which innovation can happen as fast as communication
- strive toward openness and wide application of all components, production processes, firmwares and software
- Choose reused, recycled, or renewable materials
- Avoid unnecessary transformations. Reduce modifications to standard parts wherever possible.
Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC)
Ball and socket joints
Count by fives
Fasten loosely until assembled
Four bar linkages
Points away from people
Projects without tri joints
Sun and planet gears
Three point hitch receivers
V wheels and angles
Water collection systems
Automated drilling machines
Rotary welding positioners
Wire EDM machines